Learn to work with clay, and discover a new craft, with these three evening ceramics workshops in September. Your teacher Matt is a leading ceramic artist who has recently returned from a six month residency at the V&A Museum. For three consecutive Monday evenings starting 14th September, Matt will introduce you to the art of ceramics from his fantastic Haggerston studio. Perfect for beginners with an interest in pottery and ceramics.
By the end of this three class course you will have a good understanding of the fundamental handbuilding techniques and you will have created a wonderful object take home with you. You can bring ideas of your own or respond to the techniques Matt will show you. Maybe you’d like to make some tiles for your kitchen? Or your very own mug for tea?
Matt creates a fun and friendly learning environment – there’ll be music and you’re more than welcome to bring a bottle of wine!
Session I, 7– 9pm Monday 14th September – Basic technique demonstrations: pinching, coiling, slab building, followed by you experimenting!
Session II, 7– 9pm Monday 21st September – Making your objects. You can bring ideas of your own, or respond to the techniques Matt will show you.
Session III, 7– 9pm Monday 28th September – Glazing demonstration followed by you glazing your pieces
After the final session your final pieces will be fired and a time will be arranged for you to collect them.
The cost is £100 per person which includes the three sessions, clay, glaze (ten colours) and two firings in the studio kilns.
Matt is a London based ceramic artist and founding member of Studio Manifold. Exhibitions, residencies, collaborations and workshops all play important roles is his personable, varied practice. Matt has recently completed a six month residency at the V&A Museum, and has previously held residencies at art institutes in Denmark and USA. Having graduated with an MA in Ceramics and Glass ... More about this teacher
- Learn direct from a leading ceramics artist and experienced workshop leader in his fantastic Haggerston studio
- This class is designed for any ability - no previous experience required. Perfect for beginners.
- Fun and friendly atmosphere - music and a glass or two of wine!
- All materials provided
- By the end of the three class course you will have a great understanding of working with clay, and have your own objects to decorate your home with
- £100 per person for three consecutive two-hour Monday evening classes starting on Monday 14th September
- You will be working clay by hand, not on a pottery wheel
- Matt's studio space is in Haggerston - you will receive the exact address after purchase in your class voucher
- Perfect for any level of ability - no previous experience working with clay required
- This class has a maximum number of twelve students, and a minimum of eight students. When you book the class, you will authorise a PayPal payment for the cost of the class. Your PayPal payment will only be processed once the class has reached the minimum number of students. At this point you will be sent your class voucher via email with the exact location of the class, and your teacher's contact details. If the class does not reach the minimum number of students, the class will not go ahead and you will not be charged.